Guwahati: Altogether 151 new cases of COVID-19 positive were detected in Assam, taking the state tally to 4,309 cases till Monday midnight.
Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma did not inform from where the new 151 cases have been detected so far.
Sarma wrote on Twitter, “Alert ~ 151 new #COVID19+ cases have been reported in Assam today.
Total cases 4,309
Active cases 2,093
11:50 PM /June 15/Day’s total as of now 191″
Also Read: Nagaland: 2 more test positive for COVID-19; state tally at 179
Assam crossed the 4,000 mark on Sunday, by reporting over 218 new COVID-19 cases.
The state has so far reported 4,309 cases of which, 2,093 are active, 2,205 cured, eight died and three migrated to other states.
As of now, India stands still stands at the fourth place of worst affected by COVID-19 cases and on the ninth position of the worst-hit country in terms of death due to the pandemic as said by WHO. With a total of 3,32,424 COVID-19 cases so far, India has 1,53,178 active cases with 9,900 deaths and 1,80,012 cured cases.
Also Read: Elderly woman pulls her mother in a cot to withdraw pension money
- Picked for India, Manipur footballer’s fate hangs in passport office’s hands
- LDP merges with Congress in Assam
- Assam cash for job scam: 57 civil servants arrested, dismissed
- Sarma launches Mission Lifestyle for Environment’ in Assam
- Over 30 projects being executed under Smart City Mission: Mizoram DyCM
- New Catfish species discovered in Arunachal