Guwahati: Altogether 10 new cases of COVID-19 positive were detected in Assam, taking the state tally to 4,319 cases till Tuesday noon.
Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma informed that of the new cases, three are from Dhemaji district, three from Udalguri, two from Sonitpur, and one each from Nagaon and Hojai.
Sarma wrote on Twitter, “Alert ~ 10 new #COVID19+ cases have been reported in Assam today.
3 Dhemaji, 3 Udalguri, 2 Sonitpur, 1 Nagaon, 1 Hojai
Total cases 4,319
Active cases 2,103
1:40 PM /June 16/Day’s total as of now 10”
Assam crossed the 4,000 mark on Sunday, by reporting over 218 new COVID-19 cases. Additionally on June 15 a total of 191 cases were reported in the state of Assam.
The state has so far reported 4,319 cases of which, 2,103 are active, 2,205 cured, eight died and three migrated to other states.
As of now India stands still stands at the fourth place of worst affected by COVID-19 cases and on the ninth position of the worst-hit country in terms of death due to the pandemic as said by WHO. With a total of 3,44,407 COVID-19 cases so far, India has 1,53,983 active cases with 9,921 deaths and 1,80,460 cured cases.
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry