Guwahati: Altogether 10 new cases of COVID-19 positive were detected in Assam, taking the state tally to 4,319 cases till Tuesday noon.
Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma informed that of the new cases, three are from Dhemaji district, three from Udalguri, two from Sonitpur, and one each from Nagaon and Hojai.
Sarma wrote on Twitter, “Alert ~ 10 new #COVID19+ cases have been reported in Assam today.
3 Dhemaji, 3 Udalguri, 2 Sonitpur, 1 Nagaon, 1 Hojai
Total cases 4,319
Active cases 2,103
1:40 PM /June 16/Day’s total as of now 10″
Also Read: Violent face-off with China: Indian army amends statement
Assam crossed the 4,000 mark on Sunday, by reporting over 218 new COVID-19 cases. Additionally on June 15 a total of 191 cases were reported in the state of Assam.
The state has so far reported 4,319 cases of which, 2,103 are active, 2,205 cured, eight died and three migrated to other states.
Also Read: Most-wanted NSCN (IM) militant apprehended in Assam
As of now India stands still stands at the fourth place of worst affected by COVID-19 cases and on the ninth position of the worst-hit country in terms of death due to the pandemic as said by WHO. With a total of 3,44,407 COVID-19 cases so far, India has 1,53,983 active cases with 9,921 deaths and 1,80,460 cured cases.
Also Read: Hima Das nominated for Khel Ratna & Lovlina Borgohain for Arjuna
- Why is PM still silent on Manipur, asks Cong
- CBI raids multiple locations in Bengal linked with job scam in civic bodies
- Footballer Ngangom Bala echoes calls for peace in Manipur
- Now, you can plant trees in Nagaland from the comfort of your homes. Here’s how
- Bengal Governor OKs Rajiva Sinha’s name as election commissioner
- Meira Paibis form human chain ‘to safeguard territorial integrity’ of Manipur