Imphal: Reshmi Nandeibam of Pitambara English School has emerged as the topper of the High School Leaving Certificate (HSLC) examination this year, the results which were declared by the Board of Secondary Education Manipur (BOSEM) on Monday.
With 579 marks, the girl from Khongman Zone in Imphal East topped the exams, while Huidrom Rohit Singh of St John’s English School in Nambol stood second by scoring 578 marks. Meanwhile, Khumanthem Bobosana Singh of Eureka Academy, Thounaojam and Rahul Naorem of Catholic School Canchipur secured the third rank with 572 marks each.
This year, a total of 38,390 candidates appeared in the Class X board exams, including 17,580 boys and 17,992 girls. Of them, 25,084 cleared the board exams — 12,461 boys and 12,009 girls, with passing percentage of 70.86% and 66.75%, respectively.
As many as 9,008 students appeared for the Class X exam from government schools, 1,891 from aided schools and at least 27,491 students from private-run schools in the state.
The pass percentage of this year stood at 65.34%, while that of last year was 74.69%.
Education minister Th Radheshyam, BOSEM chairman Th Kirankumar and secretary Chithung Mary Thomas declared the Class X exams result this year in Imphal at around 11 am on Monday.
- Who will look after girls when husbands go to jail, Owaisi asks Assam CM
- Assam: RSS-affiliate JDSSM demands removal of Christians from ST list
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Joint Action Group calls for Sikkim Bandh on February 8
- Tripura 2023: TIPRA’s manifesto focuses on environment, LGBTQ+ rights
- ‘There was a knock on the door at 2 am’: Assam child bride recounts crackdown
- Dr. Bezbaruah 2: An outrageous crowd-pleaser that plays to charisma of its stars