Guwahati: On Monday, 40 new cases of COVID-19 were detected in Assam, taking the state tally to 4,158 cases.
Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma informed that of the new cases, 31 are from Jorhat district, 3 from Dhemaji, 2 each from Biswanath and Dhubri district, and one each from Lakhimpur and Dibrugarh.
Sarma wrote on Twitter, “Alert ~ 40 new #COVID19+ cases reported
31 Jorhat, 3 Dhemaji, 2 Biswanath, 2 Dhubri, 1 Lakhimpur, 1 Dibrugarh
Total cases 4158
Active cases 2187
11:35 PM /June 15/Day’s total as of now 40″
Assam crossed the 4,000 mark on Sunday, by reporting over 218 new COVID-19 cases.
The state has so far reported 4,158 cases of which, 2,187 are active, 19,60 cured, eight died and three migrated to other states.
- Fast X review: proof that there’s method in madness of the franchise
- More looted arms recovered in violence-hit Manipur
- Assam: 3F Oil Palm collaborates with state govt for ceremonial plantation
- Naga club vandalism: Angamis urges NSF to withdraw FIR
- 57 arms, 318 ammunition, 5 bombs recovered in strife-torn Manipur
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh