Guwahati: On Monday, 40 new cases of COVID-19 were detected in Assam, taking the state tally to 4,158 cases.
Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma informed that of the new cases, 31 are from Jorhat district, 3 from Dhemaji, 2 each from Biswanath and Dhubri district, and one each from Lakhimpur and Dibrugarh.
Sarma wrote on Twitter, “Alert ~ 40 new #COVID19+ cases reported
31 Jorhat, 3 Dhemaji, 2 Biswanath, 2 Dhubri, 1 Lakhimpur, 1 Dibrugarh
Total cases 4158
Active cases 2187
11:35 PM /June 15/Day’s total as of now 40″
Assam crossed the 4,000 mark on Sunday, by reporting over 218 new COVID-19 cases.
The state has so far reported 4,158 cases of which, 2,187 are active, 19,60 cured, eight died and three migrated to other states.
- Book explores historical and spiritual landscape of communities in Northeast
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants
- Utd Democratic Alliance: Opposition-less govt a reality in Nagaland