Agartala: The coronavirus tally spiked to 1,079 in Tripura on Sunday, with another 33 persons testing positive for COVID-19.
A total of 1,485 samples were tested on Sunday; among them, 33 persons tested positive for COVID-19; all of them have travel history.
Currently, there are 755 active COVID-19 cases in the state.
Taking to twitter, chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb wrote, “More 18 people found COVID-19 #POSITIVE in Tripura today.
All of them are from Sepahijala District and have travel history.
1485 samples have been tested today.”
Earlier, on Sunday evening, a total of 118 samples, among the existing 173 patients in Saheed Bhagat Singh Covid Care Centre, tested negative and they would be released soon, Deb wrote on Twitter.
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram
- Hilsa lovers rejoice as Bangladesh promises export of more fish
- Walkathon and Cyclothon to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Day in Guwahati
- World Rhino Day: Assam to burn 2,479 confiscated rhino horns
- Lake of No Return: India’s ‘Bermuda Triangle’ along Arunachal-Myanmar border