Guwahati: India reported 11,458 new cases of COVID-19 in the last 24 hours on Saturday, thereby setting new record of the higest single day spike. With this surge, the country galloped its way beyond the 3 lakh cases mark.
India has been on a spree of shattering its own records everyday by reporting yet another biggest 1-day jump in terms of new COVID-19 cases.
Currently the fourth worst hit country in the world, India now has 3,08,993 cases including 1,45,779 active cases, 1,54,330 cured/discharged/migrated and 8,884 deaths, according to the figures released by the Union ministry of health and family welfare.
Reporting around 10,500 cases on Friday, the biggest 1-day spike till Friday, India surpassed United Kingdom to reach the fourth spot, only behind, US, Brazil and Russia.
In India, Maharashtra remains the worst hit state, with 101,141 reported cases, accounting for almost 33% of India’s COVID-19 tally. It is followed by Tamil Nadu, which has reported over 40,000 cases and Delhi which has over 36,000 cases of the highly contagious virus.
- Assam’s COVID tally crosses 6 lakh
- PM Modi reaches New York to address 76th UNGA session
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, 1 more death
- UPSC: Six from Manipur clear final exams, 761 selected across India
- Shocking: UPSC training platform says tribal farmers are “brainless, have no land documents”
- Mizoram likely to get two RT-PCR mobile vans from Centre