New Delhi: Amid the escalating border dispute between India and Nepal for the past few days, the Nepal police killed an Indian national and injured two others along the international border in Bihar’s Sitamarhi.
According to media reports, a 25-year-old Dikesh Kumar was killed while two others — identified as Umesh Ram and Uday Thakur — were injured in the firing.
One person has also been detained by the Nepal Police and the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) is in talks with them to de-escalate the matter at the earliest. According to DG SSB Rajesh Chandra, the firing took place at the Nepalese side of the border.
Soon after the police firing, situation at the border grew tense and currently SSB and local police have been deployed at the border while Nepal Army has set up camps at the other side of the border.
The report further states that the matter escalated when one of the local from Nepal while going to his in-laws’ house got into a scuffle with Nepal Police after which villagers from the nearby areas reached the spot and created chaos leading to a shootout. A total of 17 rounds were fired in the scuffle.
- Relief package for telecom sector to aid NE connectivity too: Vaishnaw
- Centre working to transform Northeast into growth hub: Shekhawat
- Assam Police introduces helpline for Arunachal travellers, vehicles
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time