Shillong: A 31-year-old doctor from the North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS) accused of molesting 2 adults in Shillong, was arrested on Friday and sent to 14-day judicial custody.
After two adults narrated their ordeal to their aunt, a complaint was filed. Based on the statement given by the victims, the doctor was arrested on Friday morning.
Speaking to EastMojo, East Khasi Hills Superintendent of Police Claudia A Lyngwa said, “Yesterday evening a complaint was filed by a lady that two of her nieces were molested. The two had gone for a medical check-up to NEIGRIHMS, had gone back home and started talking and explaining what had happened during the examination by the accused doctor. The people who were listening to what was narrated to them felt that they had been sexually molested by the doctor came and filed a complaint late Thursday night.”
Lyngwa added that immediately the two ladies were sent to Ganesh Das Hospital for medical examination and are yet to receive the report.
Based on the statement, the doctor was arrested on Friday morning. He was produced in a court and sent to 14-day Judicial Custody.
The doctor has been charged with sexual molestation, additional charges under relevant sections will be made once the medical reports come through, added Lyngwa.
- Protests over landfill site in West Jaintia Hills prompts govt action
- Online portal in employment exchanges among 4 govt initiatives launched by Assam CM
- Facebook puts Instagram for kids on hold after pushback
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma