Shillong: A pregnant woman who had tested positive for COVID-19 successfully gave birth to a baby boy at NEIGRIHMS Hospital, Shillong on Friday and are both in stable condition.
Director of Health Services (DHS) Dr Aman War informed that the mother had a normal delivery and both are in stable condition. The baby’s sample will also be taken to test for COVID-19.
The mother and the newborn will be kept under quarantine and after completing 14-day quarantine the mother will be tested again.
With a total of 44 positive cases recorded in Meghalaya, three more persons have recovered from COVID-19 bringing down the active cases to 21.
The three persons who had recovered, 1 from West Garo Hills and 2 from East Khasi Hills had tested negative twice were declared recovered on Friday.
So far the samples collected and tested is a total of 12,513 out of which 12,169 have tested negative. The total positive cases recorded are 44, with 21 active cases, 22 recovered and 1 deceased.
- Sikkim: Citizen Action Party proposes ‘peace’ with SKM on Gandhi Jayanti
- Interview: Kenny Basumatary’s journey from ‘Local Kung Fu’ to ‘Jawan’
- Police Bust Illegal Cough Syrup Factory in Meghalaya
- Arunachal: ULFA-I cadres surrender to Assam Rifles, weapons handed over
- Tragic bridge collapse to delay inauguration of Mizoram railway project
- Arrests made in Manipur student murder case, tribal forum questions investigation