Imphal: Another 19 persons tested positive for COVID-19 in Manipur on Friday, raising the state tally to 385.
With this, the active cases of COVID-19 in the state have also increased to 312. A total of 74 patients have recovered and discharged from hospitals.
Of the latest 19 cases, nine are from Kakching, four from Ukhrul, two from Imphal West and one each from Imphal East, Kangpokpi, Tamenglong and Noney districts.
As informed by additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang, 17 samples were tested at Virus Research and Diagnostic Laboratories (VRDL) at Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) and remaining two samples were tested at VRDL at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS).
As per reports, all the patients were at their respective district institutional quarantine centres when they tested positive for COVID-19. They have now been shifted to the COVID-19 care facilities in Imphal for further observation.
The district authorities concerned have taken up necessary precautionary measures like contact tracing and containment process, the official said.
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity