Diphu: It’s good news for the people in Karbi Anglong district of the state as Diphu Medical College and Hospital has been accredited by Indian Council of Medical Research (IMCR), New Delhi as a testing laboratory for COVID-19.
Chief executive member (CEM) of Karbi Anglong Autonomous Council (KSAAC), Tuliram Ronghang, inaugurated the COVID-19 testing laboratory in Diphu Medical College and Hospital in presence of Dr Sumitra Hagjer, principal, Diphu Medical College, among others on Thursday.
Speaking to media persons CEM Ronghang said, “The COVID-19 laboratory has been inaugurated today, the blood testing will be start from today itself. The laboratory will cover three hills districts — Dima Hasao, West Karbi Anglong and Karbi Anglong. The first blood test will be done among migrant persons who have returned home from other states.”
Till Thursday, altogether 69 COVID-19 positive cases have been reported from West Karbi Anglong and Karbi Anglong districts of the state with eight persons having been discharged, 60 active cases and one death.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence