Guwahati: In the past 24 hours, Assam has recorded 2 more cornavirus related deaths taking the death toll due to COVID-19 to 8.
According to sources, a 57-year-old lady undergoing treatment for the virus, succumbed to death at Silchar Medical College and Hospital, making her the 7th COVID-19 death from Assam. A recent returnee from Delhi, the deceased was identified as Mangali Rani Das according to reports.
The 8th COVID fatality, is reported to be a 50-year-old COVID positive man from Baksa district who was admitted at Gauhati Medical College & Hospital. He died due to COVID-19 on Friday.
As per latest updates on Friday, Assam has reported 3,498 cases of which 1,903 are active, 1,584 have been discharged, 8 deaths and 3 people have migrated to other states.
- First theatrical release in 8 months gives life to Assam’s puppetry culture
- Prince Charles warns of narrow window to face climate change
- PM Modi meets Indian COVID vaccine manufacturers; CEOs say his leadership key force in vaccination drive
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray, mother test positive for COVID-19
- China attempting to reduce India’s influence in Mynmar, SEA: CDS General Rawat
- Arunachal searching for unsung heroes of India’s freedom struggle