Agartala: The COVID-19 tally in Tripura inches closer to thousand-mark as 18 more people have tested positive for coronavirus on Thursday.
With this the total number of positive case stands at 916 and 638 active cases so far in state.
A total of 1430 samples were tested out of which 18 persons have tested positive for the virus and all of them had travel history. These includes 14 from Sepahaijla, one each from West, South, Gomati and Dhalai.
Taking to twitter, chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb wrote, “Out of 1430 samples tested for #COVID19, 18 people found #POSITIVE. All of them have travel history.
The count includes:
Sepahijala Dist: 14
West, South, Gomati and Dhalai Dist 1 each.
Meanwhile, a total of 278 patients have been discharged from Bhagat Singh COVID care centre after they tested negative for the virus. Out of 916 COVID-19 patients detected so far, there are 638 patients under treatment.
Earlier this evening, Tripura discharged 39 more COVID-19 patients from a COVID care centre set up at Bhagat Singh Youth Hostel after they recovered.
Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb wished them, “Happy to share that 39 COVID19 patients have been released today from Bhagat Singh COVID Care Center after their test results came NEGATIVE. So far 278 patients have been released in Tripura. I appreciate the efforts of Healthcare staffs. May the other patients recover soon!”.
Presently, a total of 12,574 people are currently placed surveillance for coronavirus, out of which 776 are in different facility quarantine and 11,798 others are under home quarantine.
- US: ‘Unwavering commitment’ to India as Major defence partner
- Over 82.57 cr COVID vaccine doses given to states, UTs so far: Govt
- World Pharmacist Day: Know why it is celebrated, theme for this year
- COVID-19 recoveries continue to surpass fresh cases in Arunachal
- Women’s rights activist Kamla Bhasin passes away at 75
- Nagaland Lottery September 25: Check Dear Kosai Morning lottery result