New Delhi: A 26-year-old youth was killed in Delhi after an argument with another person over spitting in public place. The youth was brutally beaten up during a fight that erupted with the person whom he confronted.
The youth, identified as Ankit of Bhai Veer Singh Marg, Karnataka Sangeet Sabha, used to earn his wage as a taxi driver.
According to police, on the night of June 8, an argument broke out between Ankit and another man identified as Praveen when Ankit objected to spitting by Praveen in Mandir Marg area.
On June 9, Ankit and Praveen got into a fight at Shaheed Bhagat Singh Complex in central Delhi.
“It was found that Ankit and 29-year-old network engineer Praveen, a resident of Raja Bazar, fought over the issue of spitting. During the fight, they both got injured and were rushed to RML Hospital,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) Eish Singhal while speaking to the media.
While Praveen suffered serious injuries to his left arm, lower and upper back, Ankit was left injured in his chest and later succumbed to his injuries due to excessive bleeding, said Singhal.
According to Singhal, a case of murder has also been filed against Praveen and he has been taken into custody.
- Assam NCC cadet clears SSB, to join IAF as flying officer
- Are you wearing the right mask to prevent contracting Covid-19?
- Manipur tribal leader’s murder: Video shows abduction in police presence; 14 cops suspended
- Arunachal: Single-day recoveries outnumber fresh COVID-19 cases
- BTS and Coldplay release highly-anticipated track ‘My Universe’
- Tripura: Two BSF jawans killed, one injured following scuffle