Guwahati: In the view of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Assam government has decided to waive off admission fees, exam fee, registration fee etc. for the academic year 2020-21.
Informing about the same, state education minister Himanta Biswa Sarma tweeted, “In view of #COVID19, GoA has waived off all fees of admission, exam, labs, excursion, registration, prospectus etc for 2020-21. To be applicable to instns as per attd notification.”
As per a notification by the Higher Education Department, this is applicable for admissions to state universities, government colleges, provincialised colleges under the Directorate of Higher Education, Assam, and all institutions including Engineering and Polytechnic under Directorate of Technical Education, Assam.
Further, the admission procedure is to be conducted online. No face-to-face interview, document verification etc. will be held for admission. “Marksheets, certificates and all other relevant documents will be scanned and uploaded for the admission process, and concerned authority will verify the authenticity if need be,” said the release.
Further, to avail benefits of scholarships, reimbursement of hostel mess dues, textbook grants tec, students will need to furnish their bank details including IFSC code, Bank name, branch and mobile number while applying for admission.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art