Imphal: Another five more persons, belonging to Imphal East district in Manipur, have been tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday night.
The total cases for novel coronavirus in Manipur, now, stand at 309 and active cases have increased to 248.
Altogether 64 persons have already recovered and discharged from hospitals.
According to additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang, a total of 868 samples were tested at VRDL at Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) till 11:45 pm on Tuesday and all tested COVID-19 negative.
However, five persons from Imphal East tested positive for COVID-19 at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS), he said.
All the latest cases were returnees from other states and they are in stable conditions.
The total number of COVID-19 tests conducted in Manipur has reached to 19,854, Dr Mangang added.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31