Imphal: Two women from Pherzawl district tested positive for COVID-19 in Manipur on Wednesday.Their samples were tested at the Virus Research and Diagnostic Laboratories (VRDL), Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS). They have now been shifted to COVID-19 Care facility at JNIMS for further treatment.
The accumulative COVID-19 positive cases, including the latest two, in Manipur now stands at 311 and active cases stands at 248.
Of the 16 districts in Manipur, Pherzawl is the last district being affected by COVID-19 with its first case reported on June 6. Three Mumbai returnees tested positive for the virus. Later, they were shifted to JNIMS for observation. Altogether five cases has been recorded positive for novel coronavirus, including the fresh two cases in the district.
Earlier, district commissioner had declared Engedi Block B (hill top) as a containment zone.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art