KOKRAJHAR: The signatories of Bodoland Territorial Region (BTR) accord have urged the state chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal to implement all clauses of the BTR signed between Centre, state and Bodo leaders from various organizations on January 27 last.
A six-member delegation of BTR accord signatories, led by former All Bodo Students Union (ABSU) president Pramod Boro met chief minister Sonowal on Monday and submitted a memorandum urging for earliest implementation of the historic accord.
Former president of NDFB-P Gavinda Basumatary, ABSU president Dipen Boro, general secretary Lawrence Islary and former general secretary of NDFB-S BR Ferenga also met chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal.
The delegation also demanded early release of ex-gratia payment, rehabilitation of NDFB cadres and recruitment of NDFB cadres in government jobs etc.
Meanwhile, interacting with media persons soon after reaching Kokrakhar, the delegation members expressed satisfaction over the meeting.
- Watch: Meghalaya children fall sick after eating ice cream
- Develop ALGs to start fixed-wing flight services in Arunachal: CM to Centre
- Tokyo logs record 5,042 new COVID-19 cases as infections surge amid Olympic Games
- Arunachal: Centre okays memorial for jawan who killed 79 Chinese soldiers in 1962 war
- Assam Gorkhas won’t be tried and prosecuted under the Citizenship Act
- Nagaland Assembly concerned over school ‘occupied’ by Assam Police 14 yrs ago