Agartala: Jun 09. Hours after Tripura reported first COVID related death, 26 more persons have tested positive for the virus taking the total number of cases to 867.
A total of 1,450 samples were collected, out of which 26 persons tested positive. These include 18 persons from Sepahijala, six from South and two from Khowai district.
Taking to Twitter, chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb wrote, “Out of 1450 samples tested for COVID-19, 26 people found #POSITIVE.
Today’s count includes:
Sepahijala District: 18
South District: 06
Khowai District: 02
Earlier, a 42-year-old male patient from Chachu bazaar died at the GB Pant hospital fighting COVID-19. He was admitted on June 1 and his sample was collected for the test. He tested positive for the virus on June 3.
Presently, Tripura has 670 cases, among them 52 are in West district, 85 in Gomati, 24 in Khowai, nine in North, 344 in Sepahijala, 72 in South, 49 in Unakoti and 35 from Dhalai.
Tripura has a total of 670 active cases, while 192 have recovered and two persons died including one unnatural death and COVID death.
As of Tuesday, 747 people have been put in facility quarantine, while 11,567 are in home quarantine. A total of 42,552 samples have been collected of which 38,547 samples have been tested. 9643 test per million.
- Five arrested in Arunachal-Assam border shooting that killed 2
- Depression over Arabian Sea likely to intensify into cyclonic storm: IMD
- Greasy affair: Journalist among 3 held for OIL pilferage in Tinsukia
- CBI begins Balasore train probe, collects first-hand report
- Manipur: Several organisations meet Governor to appeal for peace
- Nepal and India should hold talks to resolve border issue: PM Prachanda