Kohima: Five more persons have tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday morning out of which one is from Kohima and four from Dimapur, taking the total number of COVID-19 cases in the state to 127.
The number of active cases in the state is 119 as eight persons have recovered. There is no death case in the state so far.
When contacted, Shanavas C, IAS, nodal officer for COVID-19 related activities outside the state told EastMojo that out of the five fresh cases detected on Tuesday morning, two each are returnees from Gurgaon and Chennai and one is a returnee from Delhi .
Taking to twitter, S Pangnyu Phom, Minister of health & family welfare tweeted “5 new cases of COVID-19 +ve have been reported out of 333 samples tested. 4 from Dmp QC & 1 from Khm QC. Positive. : 127 Active. : 119 Recovered.: 08 Death. : 00 Update at 09:00 am, 9th June, 2020.”
Earlier on Monday morning, the health minister informed that five cases were reported taking the state’s total to 123. Later in the evening, the medical department clarified that the sample of one of the case was collected twice on May 30 and 31 which led to the duplication of one case.
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity