Shillong: Meghalaya on Tuesday once again reported a fresh COVID-19 case, taking the total tally of confirmed cases to 40 so far in the state.
Taking to Twitter, Meghalaya chief minister Conrad K Sangma tweeted, “An elderly citizen who had come from Ri Bhoi District has tested positive for COVID19. The person was isolated on arrival and is presently in Shillong. Person is stable and under supervision.Total active cases 26.”
The last positive case was reported on June 8, when three returnees from Delhi and Uttarakhand had tested positive in Jowai and were sent to institutional quarantine centres.
Speaking with EastMojo, deputy chief minister Prestone Tynsong said that the health department is investigating how the elderly citizen contracted the virus.
Meanwhile, the person has been sent to Jaiaw Robert Hospital in Shillong for observation.
So far Meghalaya has a total of 40 positive COVID-19 cases. 26 active cases, 13 recovered and 1 death.
- Will work towards balanced relations with India and China: Nepal FM
- Defence MoS appreciates civil-military bonhomie at Arunachal’s Tawang
- 45 BJP MPs across India have kin in politics: Assam Congress lawmaker
- Nagaland logs 31 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- BJP plans to add six more organisational districts in Assam
- UK includes Covishield in approved vaccine list for travel but keeps India out