Imphal: Another 10 persons, including nine from Noney district, tested positive for COVID-19 at VRDL of Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) in Manipur on Monday night.
Meanwhile, another six patients undergoing treatment at RIMS were found COVID-19 free during RT PCR test. They were discharged from the hospital on Tuesday.
With the latest patients, the total number of confirmed cases of novel coronavirus in Manipur has shot up to 282, including 218 active cases and 64 recovered cases.
Of the 10 new cases, nine of them belong to Noney district and the remaining one is from Kamjong district. Four of them are Delhi returnees, another four are Kerala returnees and one each came back from Bengaluru and Mumbai, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
However, the official did not divulge any details whether the returnees were flight or train passengers.
Meanwhile, all the new patients will be shifted to the COVID-19 care facilities at RIMS and JNIMS in Imphal for further treatment, he said.
Certain preventive control measures like contact tracing and containment process have taken place by the district administrations.
The health official have urged the public and inmates at various quarantine centers to adopt wearing face masks and maintain social distancing as a means to avoid infecting from the virus.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19