Diphu: The district administration of Karbi Anglong in Assam have declared two containment zones following the detection of a positive case and a COVID-19 death on Monday. This takes the total number of COVID-19 related deaths in Assam to five.
The deceased has been identified as Arun Kakoti (58), a resident of Sunpura village under Bakalia police station. Kakoti’s swab was taken on June 1, and he was found to be COVID-19 positive on Sunday.
Kakoti came from Chennai by train on May 23 and de-boarded at Chaparmukh on May 26. He was placed under institutional quarantine at Adarsha Girls Hostel quarantine centre in Bakalia. He was released from the centre on June 3 after testing negative and was advised home quarantine. Another swab was taken on his discharge.
Since the positive report of Kakoti came while he was under home quarantine, the administration declared Sunpura field village to Bumroi village as containment zone.
In another incident, a youth, Dipmoni Koch (23), who was discharged from the Adarsha Girls’ Hostel quarantine centre on June 2, has tested positive for COVID-19 while under home quarantine. Koch arrived from Hyderabad on May 22 and tested negative in his first swab. He was discharged later.
Another swab was taken and, on Sunday, he tested positive. The administration has declared the 1 No Udali village as a containment zone.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19