Guwahati: In the purview of COVID-19 outbreak, the department of Hospitality and Tourism Management of Assam Downtown University (AdtU) hosted an international seminar titled ‘Hospitality Industry & its Job Opportunities: Post COVID-19 effects’ on Sunday, June 7. Dr Sudhir Andrews, prominent and Internationally acclaimed travel and hospitality writer, was the guest speaker for the virtual seminar.
Andrews said that good days for the hospitality industry will come back after the COVID-19 pandemic. He explained about the present condition and the future planning of the industry. He spoke about about reviving from the massive collapse the pandemics has caused, what safety precautions should to be taken here on.
The speaker also spoke on the issue of job opportunities and how the students are going to deal with the prevailing situation in the coming days.
The seminar received an imposing response from more than 150 participating students and faculty members coming from different institutions, spread across the globe, and they got positive vibes and pragmatic thoughts from the guest lecturer.
The session was presided by Dr Bhola Chourasia, HOD, Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management. AdtU Vice Chancellor Prof (Dr) Amarjyoti Choudhury; Pro Vice Chancellor Dr HK Das; Dean of Studies Prof Bandana Dutta along with other faculty members were also present.
- Omicron in Assam? Samples of 4 SMCH doctors sent for genome sequencing
- Money Heist: Part 5 – Vol 2- abysmal, morally bankrupt
- Nagaland firing: Mamata tells cops to watch BSF activities in Bengal
- Rohingya sue Facebook for USD 150B, alleging role in violence
- ‘House of Gucci’ review: cinematic extravaganza about iconic fashion house
- Omicron v. delta: Battle of coronavirus mutants is critical