Guwahati: In the purview of COVID-19 outbreak, the department of Hospitality and Tourism Management of Assam Downtown University (AdtU) hosted an international seminar titled ‘Hospitality Industry & its Job Opportunities: Post COVID-19 effects’ on Sunday, June 7. Dr Sudhir Andrews, prominent and Internationally acclaimed travel and hospitality writer, was the guest speaker for the virtual seminar.
Andrews said that good days for the hospitality industry will come back after the COVID-19 pandemic. He explained about the present condition and the future planning of the industry. He spoke about about reviving from the massive collapse the pandemics has caused, what safety precautions should to be taken here on.
The speaker also spoke on the issue of job opportunities and how the students are going to deal with the prevailing situation in the coming days.
The seminar received an imposing response from more than 150 participating students and faculty members coming from different institutions, spread across the globe, and they got positive vibes and pragmatic thoughts from the guest lecturer.
The session was presided by Dr Bhola Chourasia, HOD, Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management. AdtU Vice Chancellor Prof (Dr) Amarjyoti Choudhury; Pro Vice Chancellor Dr HK Das; Dean of Studies Prof Bandana Dutta along with other faculty members were also present.
Also Read: Week-long international program on good research completed in ADTU
- Indian envoy in Canada cancels event due to security concerns
- NFI to organise Lamka Youth Summit 2023 across NE states
- Mizoram: Two women arrested with heroin worth Rs 60 lakh
- Meghalaya CM: 726 drug-related cases registered, 1,330 arrested
- Mizoram: Amit Shah to inaugurate Assam Rifles complex on April 1
- Football-crazy Manipur gets ready to host Indian team for first time