Diphu: The Karbi Anglong police in Assam have arrested four rebels of the People’s Democratic Council of Karbi Longri (PDCK) from Therebasa village under Dokmoka police station recently.
According to police sources, a case has been registered bearing no 19/20, U/S 364 A/386 IPC. The accused have been identified as former self-styled army chief and present home secretary of PDCK Francis Terang alias David Mukrang (28) of upper Deihori; self-styled sergeant Naman Rishi Rengma alias Akhabi Rengma (24) of village Khanari; Roosevelt Engti (18) of village Sai Engti Gaon; and Angtong Rongpi (19) of village Rongphangbong.
Two 7.65 mm pistols along with two magazines, 10 rounds of 7.65 mm pistol, cash amount of Rs 3.01 lakh, four mobile handsets along with nine SIM cards, PDCK letter and demand pads, two combat uniforms along with two magazine pouches, one laptop, four pairs of jungle boots, one pistol shoulder holster, one knee guard and one backpack, around 2 kg of rice wrapped in a bag, torch and battery were also recovered from their possession.
Talking to media, Karbi Anglong SP Debojit Deori said, “I don’t think the outfit is active in the jurisdiction of Karbi Anglong. However, some of the cadres of PDCK are still there in Myanmar.”
- Assam: This social entrepreneur is building communities with tea and art
- Nepal: PM Deuba vows to protect, implement statute on Constitution Day
- Taliban-run Kabul municipality to female workers: Stay home
- WhileWeWonder: The duo speak about Xewali and their musical journey
- Girish And The Chronicles signs with Italian label Frontiers Music
- Backdoor entry in colleges should stop: Delhi High Court