Itanagar: Another COVID-19 patient was discharged from the COVID care centre at Pakke Kessang district of Arunachal Pradesh on Tuesday after testing negative for coronavirus in three consecutive swab sample tests.
Papumpare DC Pige Ligu handed over the discharge slip to the patient.
A DIPR tweet informing about the same, said, “#Covidupdates: After his 3 consecutive swab tests came negative, Covid patient from Pakke Kesang has been discharged from Covid Care Center. He successfully recovered & was asymptomatic at the time of discharge.
DC Papumpare Pige Ligu today handed over the discharge slip to him.”
Previously, on April 17, a 31-year-old patient from Lohit district, who was also the first COVID-19 patient from the state, recovered and was discharged from the Covid care centre.
The number of active COVID-19 positive cases in Arunachal has reached 57, with six fresh positive cases registered from quarantine centres; three from Changlang district and one each from Lower Dibang Valley, Tirap and East Siang.
Changlang has recorded the highest number of positive cases with 37, followed by capital complex with seven cases.
Meanwhile, the results of a total of 1,555 samples are awaited. Twenty-three people with COVID-19 have tested positive in repeat tests, while 102 have tested negative.
With two recoveries, Arunachal has a total of 55 active COVID-19 cases now.
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry