Kohima: Five fresh cases of COVID-19 were detected in the state on Monday morning. These are from the batch of 220 samples tested, of which two are from Dimapur quarantine centre and three are from Kohima quarantine centre.
Shanavas C, IAS, nodal officer for COVID-19 related activities outside the state and Principal Director of School Education, confirmed to EastMojo that out of the five fresh cases, three are returnees from Gurgaon and two from Chennai.
The total number of COVID-19 positive cases in the state stands at 123, of which 115 are active cases and eight are recovered cases. Out of the total of 123 COVID-19 positive cases that are reported in the state, three persons are returnees from Gurgaon, one from Delhi and the rest are from Chennai.
Taking to twitter, health minister, S Pangnyu Phom tweeted: “5 new cases of COVID-19 +ve have been reported out of 220 samples tested. 2 from Dmp QC & 3 from Khm QC. Positive : 123 Active : 115 Recovered : 08 Death : 00 Update at 10:10 am, 8th June, 2020.”
While the first cases of COVID-19 were detected on May 25 when three Chennai returnees had tested positive for COVID-19, the first cases of recovery was reported on Saturday when eight persons, out of 10 who were re-tested, had tested negative for COVID-19.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19