Even as cases of coronavirus see a steep rise in India, people seem to be slowly losing their interest in the topic. According to Google Search Trends for the month of May, search for coronavirus was half of what it was for April.
But interestingly, the top three states who searched for topics related to coronavirus are Goa, followed by Meghalaya and Chandigarh. These three locations saw the highest search interests for the topic of coronavirus.
However, the topic of coronavirus dropped to 12th most searched topic on Google for the month of May in India. People searched for more of films, news and weather.
The most searched topic for film was the Hindi crime web series Pataal Lok followed by Tamil drama Ponmagala Vandhal.
The top searched term for the month of May was “Lockdown 4.0” that saw a rise of 3,150 per cent in the volume of searches on Google in India. The second top trending search for May was “Eid Mubarak” that garnered 2650 percent rise in search volumes on Google.
Interestingly, the most searched question on Google for the month of May was “what is a vaccine” followed by “is corona vaccine ready?”.
The worst coronavirus affected states of Maharashtra and Delhi did not feature on the top 10 states in terms of searches related to coronavirus on Google in May.
- DoNER minister lays foundation stone of Parashuram Kund
- Oldest human footprints in North America found in New Mexico
- IIM Shillong hosts 2-day summit on food processing opportunities
- Govt seals mega deal with Airbus for purchase of 56 C-295 military transport aircraft
- Journey of Sensex: From 1,000 to 60,000 in over 31 years
- BJP’s Ratan Chakraborty elected Speaker of Tripura Assembly