In a horrific incident, six workers of a fabric dyeing factory in Gujarat suffered from severe burn injuries when a boiler pipe exploded during the wee hours today. Viveklene Industries operate the dyeing factory.
Three of the injured have reported to be critical and are currently in ICU.
A medical officer of Sanjeevani Hospital while speaking to the media said, “Early Monday morning, we admitted six workers who suffered burn injuries due to a blast in a pipe joined to a boiler. Three of them are serious and have been admitted in the ICU.”
Manager of Viveklene Industries while speaking on the incident said that the six injured workers were sleeping near the pipe when it burst and spilled hot water.
The incident comes a few days after a fire that was triggered on June 3 due to a blast in a chemical factory in Dahej Industrial Estate of Bharuch district in Gujarat that killed atleast 8 people and left 50 others injured.
- A successful COP26 is essential for Earth’s future. What needs to go right?
- SW monsoon withdraws from India, 7th-most delayed retreat since ’75
- IIT-Guwahati working on generating hydrogen from water using sunlight
- Incredible to have Bollywood, dance sequence in Marvel movie: Filmmaker Chloe Zhao
- Two NE women, auto driver injured resisting snatching bid in Delhi
- No shortage of power in country, says power minister R K Singh