Guwahati: Altogether 12 persons tested positive for COVID-19 in Assam on Monday, taking the total number of coronavirus cases in Assam to 2,693, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
Of the new cases, 7 are from Nagaon district and 5 from Barpeta district.
Taking to Twitter, the minister wrote, “Alert ~ 12 new #COVID19+ cases reported.
7 Nagaon, 5 Barpeta
Total cases 2693
Active cases 2050
12:10 PM / June 8 / Day’s total as of now 12″
So far, Assam has reported 2,692 cases of which 2050 are active, 636 discharged, 4 deaths and 3 migrated to other states.
- SW monsoon withdraws from India, 7th-most delayed retreat since ’75
- IIT-Guwahati working on generating hydrogen from water using sunlight
- Incredible to have Bollywood, dance sequence in Marvel movie: Filmmaker Chloe Zhao
- Two NE women, auto driver injured resisting snatching bid in Delhi
- No shortage of power in country, says power minister R K Singh
- Past and present India cricketers back Shami after pacer faces online abuse