New Delhi: Just weeks after the death of a pregnant elephant in Kerala, another case of animal cruelty has come to the fore from Bilaspur district of Himachal Pradesh.
As per reports, the cow was allegedly fed wheat dough stuffed with firecrackers. The incident occurred on May 25 but came to light after the owner of the bovine, Gurdayal Singh, recently uploaded a video of the injured cow on social media, said reports.
The video showing the incident went viral and people demanded strict action against the miscreant. In the video itself, Singh sought help from the authorities, demanding stringent action against the perpetrator. In the video, the cow was seen profusely bleeding from her jaw.
In the video, Singh identifies his neighbour Nand Lal for intentionally hurting the cow and that the perpetrator has since then run away.
Meanwhile, the police have reportedly registered a case under Section 286 of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, and an investigation into the case finally led them to the alleged perpetrator on Saturday.
The police along with a medical team visited the spot and the cow was given proper medical aid. A few days later, the cow reportedly gave birth to a calf.
- Hunt for coronavirus variants: how the new one was found and what we know
- Tripura: 3-tier security for counting day, CPIM announces boycott
- Guwahati minor girl’s bravery, quick thinking foils kidnap bid
- Cannot be in situation where it is difficult to implement laws: Rijiju
- ICC calls off Women’s World Cup Qualifier over new COVID-19 variant
- Families stuck after sudden decision to ban flights to and from South Africa