Kohima: Six more Chennai returnees tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday evening, taking the state’s total number of COVID-19 cases to 118. Earlier on Sunday morning, five persons had tested positive, of which one was a returnee from Delhi and the remaining four were from Chennai. In total, 11 persons tested positive for COVID-19 so far on Sunday.
Taking to Twitter, health minister S Pangnyu Phom tweeted: “Another 6 more COVID-19 +ve cases reported out of 30 samples tested. All cases are from Dimapur QCs. Positive. : 118 Active. : 110 Recovered. : 08 Death. : 00 Update at 16:40 pm, 7th June, 2020.”
Principal director of school education Shanavas C, who is also the nodal officer for COVID-19 related activities outside the state, confirmed to EastMojo that all six persons who tested positive on Sunday evening are related to the Shramik special train from Chennai that reached the state on May 22.
Shanavas also mentioned that out of five who tested positive on Sunday morning, four are Chennai returnees and one is a returnee from Delhi.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands