Imphal: Another 15 persons, including six flight passengers, tested positive for COVID-19 on Saturday night, taking the total number of confirmed cases to 172 in Manipur.
Now, the active cases in the state has increased to 120, with 52 persons already recovering from the virus.
According to additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang, 12 samples were tested at Virus Research and Diagnostic Laboratories (VRDL) at Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) and the remaining three at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS).
Of the 15 new cases, six persons, including a woman who tested positive for COVID-19, belong to Thoubal; another five, including three women, are from Ukhrul; three women from Kangpokpi and one male from Imphal West districts, Dr Mangang said.
Eight of them are Mumbai returnees by train, while the remaining seven are Delhi returnees and all of them but one arrived in Manipur by flight, he said.
Their health condition is stable and they are being shifted to the COVID-19 care facilities at RIMS and JNIMS, he said.
The state health officials have already taken up necessary precautionary measures like contact tracing and containment process.
- Hunt for coronavirus variants: how the new one was found and what we know
- Tripura: 3-tier security for counting day, CPIM announces boycott
- Guwahati minor girl’s bravery, quick thinking foils kidnap bid
- Cannot be in situation where it is difficult to implement laws: Rijiju
- ICC calls off Women’s World Cup Qualifier over new COVID-19 variant
- Families stuck after sudden decision to ban flights to and from South Africa