Agartala: 48 persons tested positive for COVID-19 on Friday. All of them have a travel history. Among the fresh cases, six are from West, one each from Khowai, Dhalai, Unakoti and Gomati, 28 from Sepahijala and 10 from South Tripura district.
The total number of active cases has increased to 518, while 173 persons have been discharged after recovery.
Taking to Twitter, chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb wrote, “48 people found COVID-19 #POSITIVE in Tripura out of 1026 samples tested. All of them have travel history. Stay safe, follow the Gov’t norms. #TripuraCOVID19Count”.
Currently, Tripura has 518 active COVID-19 cases, of which 453 are Tripura has 518 active COVID-19 cases, of which 453 are admitted in various COVID-19 care centres. Of the 36,902 persons placed under surveillance, 23,291 persons were released after finishing their 14 day observation period. There are 829 persons in facility quarantine and 12,782 persons in-home quarantine.
On Friday, 1,680 samples were collected from across the state. A total of 33,378 samples have been collected of which, 30,379 samples have been tested in the state.
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing