New Delhi: The superintendent of a hostel in Katol in Nagpur district of Maharashtra was on Friday arrested for allegedly raping and impregnating a 14-year-old physically-challenged girl.
The police also nabbed the victim’s mother and a nurse for allegedly forcing the teen to undergo an abortion at home after they found out that she was pregnant, informed Inspector Mahadev Achrekar of Katol police station.
Also Read: 51-year-old accused of raping dead minor
The three arrested have been booked under the Indian Penal Code, Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act and SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
The survivor, who is a student of Class VI, was residing in the hostel for the past five years and was repeatedly raped by the superintendent this year. When she conceived, a nurse and the girl’s mother forced her to undergo an abortion at home.
- Plastic waste hurting women in developing countries but there are ways to stop it
- First theatrical release in 8 months gives life to Assam’s puppetry culture
- Prince Charles warns of narrow window to face climate change
- PM Modi meets Indian COVID vaccine manufacturers; CEOs say his leadership key force in vaccination drive
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray, mother test positive for COVID-19
- China attempting to reduce India’s influence in Mynmar, SEA: CDS General Rawat