Rumours, fear and rising Covid deaths in Pakistan
Doctors in Pakistan are warning that the country’s already weak healthcare system could soon be overwhelmed by coronavirus patients, BBC says.
So far, with fewer than 2,000 deaths, the outbreak hasn’t been as deadly as some initially feared. But with the rates of new cases and new fatalities at their highest levels yet, and lockdown restrictions lifted, doctors say intensive care units are now being stretched almost to capacity in many major hospitals.
India overtakes Italy in cases amid easing of lockdown
India has recorded close to 10,000 new cases of Covid-19 in the past 24 hours, taking its total above that of Italy. The country now has the sixth-highest number of confirmed cases in the world, 236,657.
12 COVID-19 patients attempt to flee from SMCH, caught
Altogether 12 COVID-19 positive patients admitted in the designated ward in Silchar Medical College and Hospital (SMCH) attempted to flee from the hospital.
Total COVID-19 cases soar to 236,657 in India
The total number of coronavirus cases in India reached 236,657 on Saturday (June 6), as of 8 am, with the death toll standing at 6,642.
According to the latest updates provided by the Union health ministry, there are 115,942 active cases with 6,642 deaths so far in the country. As many as 114,072 patients have been cured or discharged and one has migrated.
- Arunachal: Army rescues six locals hit by lightening in Dibang Valley
- Sikkim registers 60 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fatality
- Assam reports 4 new Covid deaths, 407 fresh cases
- Mizoram: Three held with heroin worth Rs 10.15 lakh
- Report: Suspected Chinese hack targets Indian media, govt
- Will work towards balanced relations with India and China: Nepal FM