Guwahati: Joaquin Phoenix’s sublime and fantastic portrayal of the DC Comics character ‘Joker’ in the 2019 Hollywood psychological thriller film of the same name seems to have a new contender in Bollywood, with versatile actor Ayushmann Khurrana showing interest to play a negative character.
Khurrana took to his social media handles to share an incredible fan art where the actor was given the DC clown makeover. He wrote, “Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I’m a dog chasing cars. I wouldn’t know what to do with one if I caught it … I’m an Agent of Chaos!” – Sinister, menacing, evil, cold, conniving yet brilliant, genius – have always thought of playing a negative character like Joker. Thank you @swapnilmpawar for reading my mind and this incredible artwork!”
Khurrana’s Twitter blew with mixed reactions from fans and a number of his industry colleagues. Some liked the idea of a desi version of Joker while others didn’t want to see the actor portraying a negative character in the silver screens. Actor Nimrat Kaur dropped the lit emoticon and ‘100’ emoji while Tisca Chopra simply wrote “Stunning!!”
The artist Swapnil Pawar in question is known for his unique take on art morphing Bollywood celebrities and other noteworthy people in Hollywood characters. Previously he had morphed Shahrukh Khan in the character of Tyrion Lannister from Game Of Thrones and Ranveer Singh into Hell Boy.
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal
- RN Ravi paved his own exit: NSCN-IM reminds new interlocutor
- Amazon Great Indian Festival 2021 dates announced. Check details
- All rural Nagaland households to get tap water by March 2023: Minister
- Assam Jobs: PMAY Urban Assam has 13 manager vacancies. Details here