Guwahati: Another 90 persons tested positive for COVID-19 aka coronavirus in Assam on Friday night. With this, the total number of COVID-19 positive cases has gone up to 2,243 in the state.
The latest cases include 37 from Dhubri, 15 from Dima Hasao, 7 from Karimganj, 7 from Cachar, 6 Hailakandi, 3 from Udalguri, 2 from South Salmara, 2 from Dhemaji, 1 each from Nalbari, Barpeta, Bongaigaon and Chirang.
Announcing the new cases on Twitter, Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said: “Alert ~ 90 new cases of #COVID19+
37 Dhubri, 15 D Hasao, 7 K’ganj, 7 Cachar, 7 Baksa, 6 H’kandi, 3 Udalguri, 2 S Salmara, 2 Dhemaji, 1 each Nalbari/Barpeta/Bongaigaon/Chirang
Total cases 2243
Active cases 1727
11:05 PM/June 5/Day’s total 128”
Assam has reported 2,243 COVID-19 cases so far. Of this, while 509 patients have been discharged, four have died and three migrated to other states. Currently, there are 1,727 active cases.
According to Sarma, the total number of COVID-19 positive cases detected in Assam on Tuesday was 128.
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram
- Hilsa lovers rejoice as Bangladesh promises export of more fish
- Walkathon and Cyclothon to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Day in Guwahati
- World Rhino Day: Assam to burn 2,479 confiscated rhino horns
- Lake of No Return: India’s ‘Bermuda Triangle’ along Arunachal-Myanmar border