Aizawl: Five stranded persons who returned to Mizoram recently have tested positive for COVID-19 on Friday, taking the total number of cases in the state to 22, informed DIPR Mizoram.
The new confirmed cases are a part of 340 samples which were tested on Thursday (June 4) at Zoram Mdical College lab. Of the new cases, 4 of them are in patients at ZMC and 1 is under institutional quarantine at Lunglei.
According to reports, four of the new patients returned from Delhi while the other person returned from Gujarat.
The total number of cases reported from Mizoram now stands at 22 with 21 active cases, 1 discharged. A person who tested positive after returning from Amsterdam in March has recovered from the disease.
Meanwhile, test results of more than 200 samples are awaited.
- 41 pc more rainfall in India from Oct 1-21, Uttarakhand records five times higher rain: IMD
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 22
- Official: US at turning point in dealing with Myanmar crisis
- Income tax refunds of Rs 92,961 cr issued during this fiscal: CBDT
- Brain-dead man gives new lease of life to 4 patients, family donates organs
- India’s vaccination prog. science- born, science-driven, science-based: PM