Guwahati: Another 111 persons tested positive for COVID-19 in Assam on Thursday evening, increasing the state’s tally to 1,988 cases, informed health and family welfare minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma.
Of the 111 new cases, 46 are from Hojai, 28 from Udalguri, 11 from Kamrup (Metro); 10 from Nagaon; 5 from Morigaon, 3 each from Nalbari and Goalpara; 2 each from Golaghat and Jorhat, and 1 from Dhubri.
Taking to Twitter, Sarma wrote, “Alert ~ 111 new cases of #COVID19+
46 Hojai, 28 Udalguri, 11 Kamrup, 10 Nagaon, 5 Morigaon, 3 Nalbari, 3 Goalpara, 2 Golaghat, 2 Jorhat, 1 Dhubri
Total cases 1988
Active cases 1539
As on Thursday, Assam reported 158 new cases. So far, the state has a total of 1988 coronavirus cases of which 1539 are active, 442 discharged, 4 deaths and 3 migrated to other states.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence