Agartala: Another 25 persons have tested positive for coronavirus on Thursday, a day after the state registered the highest spike of 151 cases on a single day. With this, the total positive cases now stands at 647 in the state so far.
A total of 875 samples was tested on Thursday, among them 25 persons have tested positive for COVID-19.
Chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb took to Twitter to inform this development, “Alert ~ Today in Tripura 25 people found COVID-19 #POSITIVE out of 875 samples tested. All of them have travel history.
Stay safe! #TripuraCOVID19Count”
Also Read: Sikkim reports 3rd COVID-19 case
Presently Tripura has 470 active COVID-19 cases, most of them are being treated at COVID care centre and some of them are in COVID-19 hospital at GB Pant hospital, while 173 of them have discharged after recovery.
A total of 35,254 persons were placed under surveillance, out of which 21,480 persons were released after completion of 14 days’ observation period. While there are 507 persons in facility quarantine while 13,267 persons in-home quarantine as on Wednesday.
On Thursday, over thousand samples were collected from across the state and 850 samples including samples of those who returned from other parts. A total of 33,378 samples have been collected of which 30,379 samples have been tested.
- Watch: Meghalaya children fall sick after eating ice cream
- Develop ALGs to start fixed-wing flight services in Arunachal: CM to Centre
- Tokyo logs record 5,042 new COVID-19 cases as infections surge amid Olympic Games
- Arunachal: Centre okays memorial for jawan who killed 79 Chinese soldiers in 1962 war
- Assam Gorkhas won’t be tried and prosecuted under the Citizenship Act
- Nagaland Assembly concerned over school ‘occupied’ by Assam Police 14 yrs ago