New Delhi: Uttar Pradesh police arrested an alcoholic man in Raebareli district for allegedly beating his wife to death on Wednesday.
The entire incident which took place in Korihar village of Gurubakhshganj area was recorded in a video that later went viral on social media. The video showed the man beating his wife in front of their six-year-old son, with the entire act being witnessed by other villagers.
The accused, who has been identified as Dhanraj, trashed his wife Sangeeta with slaps, kicks, and punches as she screamed in pain. She is presumed to have died from the internal injuries after the thrashing.
In a video accessed by The Quint, a group of villagers said, “He is an alcoholic, and he started beating her on Tuesday evening. She was asking for help but Dharamraj’s parents did not do anything. In the morning we heard that she passed away.”
After receiving the news of a woman’s murder in Korihar village, the police started its investigation. They found that a video was made from the previous evening of the incident (the beating video). After taking note of that, the Raebareli police sent Sangeeta’s body for post-mortem and arrested the accused.
(With inputs from The Quint)
- World Rhino Day: Assam burns largest Rhino horns’ stockpile to bust myths
- Manipur: 22-year-old in jail for ‘Modi’s faeces’ comment on CM’s Facebook
- Bhabanipur bypoll: BJP stopped from campaigning near Mamata’s house
- In a first, Bengal to count big herbivores during tiger census
- Nagaland: NSCN-K Niki Sumi cadre arrested at Chumukedima
- World Rose Day 2021: Here’s why this day is dedicated to cancer patients