Guwahati: The office of the deputy commissioner of Kamrup (Metropolitan) has withdrawn the tag of containment zone from Gopalnagar in Noonmati area of Guwahati city on Thursday. This comes after no new COVID-19 cases were detected in the area, said an order.
“However, the residents of the area are advised to follow all the protocols for preventing COVID-19 strictly,” said the order.
Earlier last month, on May 21, upon detection of COVID-19 cases, Gopalnagar in Noonmati area was declared as a containment zone. All movement of unauthorised persons and vehicles was prohibited, and the area was sealed.
- Man beaten to death on birthday in UP’s Bareilly
- Faith-based schools less favourable towards education of girls: UNESCO
- Centre must extend retirement age of ‘Agniveers’ to 65 years: Mamata
- Sri Lanka exploring options to purchase oil from Russia: Minister
- Arunachal: IFCSAP welcomes Droupadi Murmu’s selection as prez candidate
- Centre using its agencies against those speaking the truth: Mamata