Guwahati: The office of the deputy commissioner of Kamrup (Metropolitan) has withdrawn the tag of containment zone from Gopalnagar in Noonmati area of Guwahati city on Thursday. This comes after no new COVID-19 cases were detected in the area, said an order.
“However, the residents of the area are advised to follow all the protocols for preventing COVID-19 strictly,” said the order.
Earlier last month, on May 21, upon detection of COVID-19 cases, Gopalnagar in Noonmati area was declared as a containment zone. All movement of unauthorised persons and vehicles was prohibited, and the area was sealed.
- Mamata visiting Odisha train tragedy victims to get political dividend: BJP
- Tripura: Kamalasagar-Kasba border haat likely to reopen by July
- Active Covid cases in country decrease to 2,831
- It’s time to move beyond the welfare state to the wellbeing state
- Sikkim: 7 people injured in multi-vehicle collision in Ranipool
- Ambulance set on fire in Manipur, mother, injured son among 3 killed