New Delhi: The Punjab and Haryana High Court on June 2 slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on a runaway couple for not wearing masks at their wedding. The couple had approached the court seeking protection from their families who were against them.
The fine was imposed by the court when it was found from the photographs that the couple did not wear masks during their marriage ceremony.
The couple was fined with an amount of Rs 10,000 as costs to be deposited with Hoshiarpur DC within a period of 15 days from June 2.
“Masks are compulsory in Punjab now. Health Secretary is issuing a detailed advisory for the people. Just remember to wear mask when you step out of home for any emergency/essentials. A piece of clean cloth is all you need. Let’s all stay safe and fight #Covid_19 together,” Chief Minister Amarinder Singh had earlier posted on his official social media handles.
The court also ordered Gurdaspur SSP to take immediate steps to ensure that no harm is caused to the life and liberty of the newlywed couple.
- Sikkim Republic Day celebration to be low-key
- Arunachal R-Day tableau to display Anglo-Abor Wars
- ‘Bulli Bai’ case accused used Sikh names to create animosity: Cops to court
- Meghalaya oposition attacks govt, says illegal coal mining continues
- Women’s AFC Asian Cup to proceed as long as there are 13 players: Praful Patel
- Republic Day flypast this year will be ‘grandest’ with 75 aircraft: IAF