Imphal: Six more persons, including one woman Delhi returnee from Kakching district, tested positive for COVID-19 in Manipur on Wednesday.
Now, the cumulative cases of COVID-19 in the state stands at 108, of which active cases are 70.
Another 11 patients from Churachandpur and one from Imphal East district has recovered and were discharged from Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) after they were found to be COVID-19 free in the RT-PCR test.
With this, the total number of recovered patients in the state has increased to 38. The recovery rate has improved to 38.18%, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
Samples of the six latest cases were tested at Virus Research and Diagnostic Laboratories (VRDL) at Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS).
Of the six cases, two are Delhi returnees from Kakching district, another two from Tamenglong district and they are Chennai returnees.
One each from Thoubal and Kamjong districts also tested positive and they are Delhi and Mumbai returnees, respectively.
The patients have now been shifted to the COVID-19 care facility at RIMS for observation, the official said.
All necessary control measures like contact tracing and containment process are underway, said Dr Mangang.
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar
- Arunachal will benefit most from oil palm cultivation: Khandu
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar
- Under Taliban, thriving Afghan music scene heads to silence