Imphal: The total number of COVID-19 cases in Manipur soared to 102 with 13 returnees from Chennai, Delhi & Pune testing positive on Tuesday night.
Another 12 more persons, who were undergoing treatment at Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) Hospital, recovered and were discharged from the hospital on Tuesday. With this, the total number of recovered patients has increased to 26; the number of active cases now stands at 76, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
The recovery rate has improved to 25.49%, he said.
Of the 13 latest cases, seven are male and six are female.
Also Read: Mizoram: 12 persons test positive; girl falls from train and dies
While the four Delhi returnees who tested positive in the latest lot are from Tengnoupal district, three cases are from Senapati and they belong to the group of Mumbai returnees by train.
Another two persons from Tamenglong, who recently returned from Chennai, also tested positive for COVID-19.
Two more cases were also detected from Ukhrul district and one each from Bishnupur and Churachadpur districts, respectively.
All the 13 latest patients have now been shifted to COVID-19 care facility at RIMS and JNIMS for further observation.
Meanwhile, as the 13 persons had returned from metro cities, preventive measures like contact tracing and containment process are in place, the official said.
Also Read: COVID-19: India cases cross 2 lakh-mark; death toll 5,815 | LIVE
- Fast X review: proof that there’s method in madness of the franchise
- More looted arms recovered in violence-hit Manipur
- Assam: 3F Oil Palm collaborates with state govt for ceremonial plantation
- Naga club vandalism: Angamis urges NSF to withdraw FIR
- 57 arms, 318 ammunition, 5 bombs recovered in strife-torn Manipur
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh