Imphal: The total number of COVID-19 cases in Manipur soared to 102 with 13 returnees from Chennai, Delhi & Pune testing positive on Tuesday night.
Another 12 more persons, who were undergoing treatment at Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) Hospital, recovered and were discharged from the hospital on Tuesday. With this, the total number of recovered patients has increased to 26; the number of active cases now stands at 76, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
The recovery rate has improved to 25.49%, he said.
Of the 13 latest cases, seven are male and six are female.
While the four Delhi returnees who tested positive in the latest lot are from Tengnoupal district, three cases are from Senapati and they belong to the group of Mumbai returnees by train.
Another two persons from Tamenglong, who recently returned from Chennai, also tested positive for COVID-19.
Two more cases were also detected from Ukhrul district and one each from Bishnupur and Churachadpur districts, respectively.
All the 13 latest patients have now been shifted to COVID-19 care facility at RIMS and JNIMS for further observation.
Meanwhile, as the 13 persons had returned from metro cities, preventive measures like contact tracing and containment process are in place, the official said.
- Union Minister Pradhan, Meghalaya CM Sangma grace NEHU convocation
- J-K tunnel accident: 8 more bodies recovered; death toll reaches 9
- After Assam success, Local Utpaat wants to wow audiences in other cities
- In pics: Over 500 families suffering in Imphal amid waterlogging, flash floods
- Drugs worth 15 lakh seized along Nagaland-Manipur border
- Rahul Gandhi harming India in his hate against PM Modi: BJP