Guwahati: Another 60 persons tested positive for COVID-19 aka coronavirus in Assam on Wednesday morning. With this, the total number of COVID-19 positive cases has gone up to 1,621 in the state.
The latest cases include 38 from Dhubri, 18 from Golaghat, four from Nagaon.
Announcing the new cases on Twitter, Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said: “Alert ~ 60 new cases of #COVID19+
38 Dhubri, 18 Golaghat, 4 Nagaon
Total cases 1621
Active cases 1277
Update 10:50 AM/June 3/Day’s total as of now 60”
Assam has reported 1,621 COVID-19 cases so far. Of this, while 337 patients have been discharged, four have died and three migrated to other states. Currently, there are 1,277 active cases.
According to Sarma, the total number of COVID-19 positive cases detected in Assam on Wednesday so far was 60.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art