Guwahati: Another 48 persons tested positive for COVID-19 aka coronavirus in Assam on Tuesday night. With this, the total number of COVID-19 positive cases has gone up to 1,561 in the state.
The latest cases include 13 from Biswanath, nine from West Karbi Anglong, seven from Karimganj, five from Sivasagar, four from Hojai, one from Cachar, nine to ascertain.
Announcing the new cases on Twitter, Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said: “Alert ~ 48 new cases of #COVID19+
13 Biswanath, 9 West KA, 7 Karimganj, 5 Sivasagar, 4 Hojai, 1 Cachar, 9 to ascertain
Total cases 1561
Active cases 1217
Update 11:55 PM/June 2/Day’s total 76”
Assam has reported 1,561 COVID-19 cases so far. Of this, while 337 patients have been discharged, four have died and three migrated to other states. Currently, there are 1,217 active cases.
According to Sarma, the total number of COVID-19 positive cases in Assam on Tuesday was 76.
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing