Agartala: An under-trial prisoner was shifted to COVID care centre at Saheed Bhagat Singh Youth Hostel after he tested positive for coronavirus. His contacts are being tracked by the health department. He was produced in Bishalgarh chief judicial magistrate court in Sepahijala district. He was sent to judicial custody at the Central correctional home.
“He was arrested on May 26 in connection with a Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) act case registered under Madhupur police station. Later, he was sent to judicial custody on May 30 last,” police sources said.
“A team of health department has started thermal screening and collection of samples in the court premises and samples of those who were in close contacts would be collected,” a health official said.
- Will India make a winning start at women’s Asian Champions Trophy?
- Meghalaya Youth Cong: Mass resignation not end of Congress
- Singapore says Omicron not more severe than other variants as of now
- BWF World Tour Finals: Sindhu beats Yamaguchi in semis, enters final
- Ratan Tata, Lovlina Borgohain, 17 others to receive top Assam govt awards
- Amid calls for booster shots, experts say double vaccinate against Covid first