Guwahati: In the view of detection of COVID-19 positive patients, Pub-Sarania and Dhirenpara area of Guwahati city under Kamrup (metropolitan) district have been declared as containment zone on Tuesday.
An order from the office of the deputy commissioner instructed authorities to seal the two containment zones immediately.
The boundary of Pub-Sarania containment zone is- North: Bhabananda Deka road; South: South Sarania road; East: Pramathesh Baruah road, and West: residence of Sri Cittaranjan Dutta and other.
The boundary of Dhirenpara containment zone is- North: Residence of Nabajit Barman & Bihuram Boro; South: Residence of Kamakhya Prasad Gupta & others; East: Residence of Md Abul Ali, and West: AK Dev Road.
“Any unauthorised entry and exit into the notified containment zone are barred till the area is declared safe as per guidelines of Ministry of Health & Family Wlefare, GOI,” said the order.
Any movement of unauthorised individual and vehicle is prohibited in the area. Any violatioin of the order will attract actions under the provisions of Assam COVID-19 Regulations, 2020; the Disaster Managemnt Acr, 2005; the Epidemic Deseases Act, 1897 and other relevant laws of the nation.
- BWF World Tour Finals: Sindhu beats Yamaguchi in semis, enters final
- Ratan Tata, Lovlina Borgohain, 17 others to receive top Assam govt awards
- Amid calls for booster shots, experts say double vaccinate against Covid first
- Sri Lankan lynching in Pak: Over 800 booked under terrorism charges
- Tripura: Rifleman guns down colleagues in Sepahijala
- Indian-American mathematician among three selected for Ciprian Foias Prize